Four hours of instruction on two DVDs — Sifu Ken Gullette teaches the Chen Tai Chi 38 form in detail — movement by movement — then he takes you into a workshop where he teaches the self-defense applications, all with an emphasis on internal body mechanics!
The Chen Tai Chi 38 Form was created by Chen Xiaowang and contains elements of Xinjia — with more obvious spiraling movement and fajin (bursts of power) than in the shorter Chen 19 form.
On these two DVDs, Ken goes deep beneath the surface. Here is what you will get:
- Two DVDs and more than FOUR HOURS of detailed, step-by-step instruction.
- Two complete views of the form — front and rear views.
- A breakdown of every movement in the form and an explanation of reach movement that will finally make it all clear.
- A full explanation of the internal body mechanics in each movement. You will be amazed at the detail you have been missing in your body mechanics, and you will add relaxed power to your movement that will make your tai chi “iron wrapped in cotton.”
- 156 fighting applications that will show you how EVERY MOVEMENT is used for self-defense. You will learn joint locks, punches, palm strikes, elbows, bumps, kicks, sweeps, and takedowns, and you will understand the body mechanics behind the applications.
- An inside look at a Chen 38 workshop. You will learn some mistakes to avoid as you watch Ken coaching martial artists of all styles in the fighting applications of the form.
You will not find another DVD set with as much detail and plain-language instruction as this! Ken describes movements and principles in clear language.
You will be amazed at how often the light bulb in your head will light up with realizations and insights into Tai Chi that you did not know. There is a Money-Back Guarantee, so if you are not happy for any reason, just send the DVD back for a complete refund! Plus, there is FREE SHIPPING worldwide.
Ken learned the Chen 38 from some of Grandmaster Chen Xiaowang’s top students, including Master Ren Guangyi, Jim & Angela Criscimagna and Mark Wasson.
What Martial Artists Say About Ken Gullette’s DVDs:
“The instruction on your DVDs filled in a lot of what I was not getting from my Tai Chi instructor.” — Joachim Wuest
“I am extremely pleased with your Chen 38 DVDs. They are making a very difficult form so much easier to learn.” — Michael Kennedy
“What I admire about what you do is your honesty in showing it like it is. So many DVDs are carefully staged with “learners” who have obviously been carefully coached, whereas you’re brave enough to show real workshops with real people. Above all it’s clear that you’re one of those teachers who care. And that can’t be faked.” — Michael Leese
Clip from the Chen 38 Form DVD