With this DVD, you will receive complete step-by-step instruction in the Chen Tai Chi 19 form, an excellent introduction into the Chen style. The DVD runs 2 hours and 34 minutes.
The Chen 19 form was designed by Grandmaster Chen Xiaowang in the 1990s, after receiving requests from students around the world for a short form — based on Laojia Yilu — that is more convenient for their busy modern lives.
Sifu Ken Gullette began practicing the Chen 19 form in 1998. He learned the form from Grandmaster Chen and his students/disciples.
This DVD is an in-depth private lesson that includes:
- Complete demonstrations of the Chen 19 form front a front and rear view.
- Step-by-step instruction for each movement in plain language with complete information on how to correctly perform each movement.
- An emphasis on internal body mechanics that will put you ahead of other tai chi students.
- Instruction that will give you a complete understanding of structure and movement that will help you develop relaxed power. You will understand why tai chi is described as “iron wrapped in cotton.”
- You will learn as you watch Ken correct a student through each movement, helping you to avoid the same mistakes. It is the next best thing to being in a class with Ken coaching you.
- You will learn fighting applications that will give you insight into what the movements really mean.
Buy 2 DVDs from Ken’s site and get any single DVD free. Two-disc and three-disc sets count as one purchase each. After making two purchases, email Ken (email@example.com) with your choice of a bonus DVD and it will be included in your package. FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE and a MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE. If you are not satisfied for any reason, return the DVD and receive a refund.
What Martial Artists Say About Ken’s DVDs
“I am taking a Chen style Tai Chi class and your DVDs have helped me learn their introductory form. I think that your DVDs are the most informative I have ever viewed and I feel privileged to be a part of the Tai Chi community at this stage in my life.” — Dave Bean
“This is about as good as it gets. While you can’t replace having a teacher to work with in-person, Ken puts enough explanation into the movements to give beginning students a lot to work with. If you have no teacher around you this is probably the single best DVD for learning the Chen 19 form. If you DO have a teacher to work with, this DVD will help you get further in the form faster, so your teacher can spend more time on mechanical corrections and less on teaching the moves.” — J. Sanchez
“Your videos are very very detailed. I find they are not only a true wealth of knowledge but they are actually inspirational.” — Bart Bisulca
Watch this Clip from the Chen 19 Form DVD